Direct Entry Scheme in CA Course – 2019
Want to know about “Direct Entry Scheme of CA Course ?“. We have got you covered.
In this article you will able to get comprehensive knowledge on Direct Entry Scheme of ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India).
What is direct entry scheme?
Under direct entry scheme a student is exempted from ca foundation or cpt exam (1st Level of CA Exams).
He/she is eligible for directly appearing for intermediate exams (2nd level of CA Exams).
Who is eligible for direct entry scheme?
Graduates/post graduates in commerce with minimum 55 % marks.
Graduates/post graduates in other stream with minimum 60 % marks.
Company Secretary (ICSI) and Cost Accountancy (ICMAI) Students who cleared intermediate level of Company Secretary (ICSI) and Cost Accountancy (ICMAI).
Procedure to enroll for Direct Entry Scheme
For graduates and post graduates
- Registered with ICAI for intermediate course (provisional registration can be done in last year of graduation/post-graduation) click here for registration
- Complete 4 weeks training on information technology and soft – skills
- Register for 3 year practical training
- After 9 months of practical training a candidate is eligible for intermediate exams.
For Company Secretary (ICSI) and Cost Accountancy (ICMAI) Students
- Register with ICAI for intermediate course
- Complete 8 months study course
- Appear and clear intermediate exams
- Students in this category is eligible to start their practical only after clearing either group or both group
- Complete 4 weeks training on information technology and soft – skills anytime after register for intermediate but before starting practical training.
What is Intermediate Level?
A student is required to give 8 exams (4 exams of group I and 4 exams of group II) in order to clear intermediate level.
8 exams are divided into 2 groups of 4 papers each.
A candidate can appear for single-single group ( first clear one group then another i.e first give 4 papers and then another 4) or both group simultaneously (both group at same time i.e. appear for 8 exams) as per his choice.
Intermediate exams are conducted twice in a year (May and November).
What are groups ?
Like graduation subjects are divided into semester , in same way in CA course subjects are divided into groups.
CA intermediate course divided into two groups called as group I and group II.
Each group contain a set of 4 paper.
A candidate can appear for single – single group ( first clear one group then another ) or both groups simultaneously ( appear for both groups at same time ).
From where to study ?
After registration, ICAI will send you study material from where you can study .
You can also refer some books by other authors.
You can also join ICAI classes or some other private coaching.
Subjects and marking scheme?
|2.||a Corporate law||60||100|
|b Other law||40|
|3.||Cost and management accounting||100||100|
|4.||a Income tax||60||100|
|b Indirect tax||40|
|2.||Auditing and Assurance||100||100|
|3.||a Enterprise information system||50||100|
|b Strategic management||50|
|4.||a financial management||60||100|
|b economics for finance||40|
- Each exam is written type exam
- In order to clear a group a student is required to obtain at least 40 % marks in each subject and aggregate of group should not be less than 50%
- In case of both groups provision of set-off is given .
- In order to obtain exemption in a subject a student is required to score at least 60% marks in that subject
- A student who is registered for both group can appear for single group.
Hope you are able to understand Direct Entry Scheme of CA Course. In case you need any assistance you can call at firstname.lastname@example.org